Bulletproof vs. Paleo vs. Low-Carb and Ketogenic Diets: What’s The Difference?
Article at a Glance:
- On the Bulletproof Diet, you eat lots of healthy fat, high-quality protein, and minimal carbohydrates.
- It’s designed to melt body fat, improve focus, and boost your overall performance by limiting your exposure to anti-nutrients, toxins, hormones, and other junk that makes you weak.
- The Paleo diet is a primal or ancestral diet based on the types of foods presumed to have been eaten by early humans — meat, fish, vegetables, and fruit.
- The ketogenic diet places you in a fat-burning state called ketosis. To get there, you eat lots of fat, moderate protein, and very few carbs.
- There is quite a bit of overlap in what foods you eat on Paleo vs. keto vs. Bulletproof. Read on to understand the key differences, and what makes Bulletproof stand out.
Choosing the right diet makes all the difference in how you feel every day. I was in my 20s when I started suffering from severe fatigue and cognitive dysfunction. I was 300 pounds, sick constantly, and almost had to drop out of grad school because I couldn’t concentrate.
Back then, I thought my inability to think clearly and perform at high levels was some sort of moral failing. I would beat myself up. I would work harder and stay up later, trying to catch up with my peers.
I tried every diet imaginable, including raw vegan, keto, and Paleo, and spent years falling off the low-fat bandwagon. I hit the treadmill for hours every day. Nothing worked. So I took matters into my own hands.
“The Bulletproof Diet” was born after a decade of working with some of the world’s top health and nutrition researchers. Over a span of about 15 years, I devoured thousands of research papers and books on human nutrition. I used my body as a testing ground to determine what worked best for my biology.
The result is a diet that has helped thousands of people lose fat and gain the energy and clarity they thought they’d lost forever. So, what differentiates the Bulletproof Diet from other low-carb diets? Read on to find out.
Download the Bulletproof Roadmap Click here